S C I E N C EP R O V E S G O D
TUNGUSKA EXPLOSION - June 30, 1908
The Science of Meteor Impact
(posted: July 2009)
* All scripture references are from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible, unless otherwise noted.
As mentioned in the above article, examples will compare historic events with their corresponding chapters in the Bible. A description of the actual Tunguska event, using abbreviated direct quotes from cited sources, is presented in the first section.
The second section lays out the biblical record of the same event and integrates it with the historic record. Notice how similar the wording is in some of the key parts of the two records. The letters and numbers (A 1, B 1, B 2, etc.) are used to connect the historic record to the biblical record. The phrases from the Bible are viewed abstractly, or occasionally symbolically, and lifted out of context. For example, God speaking with a “mighty voice” equates with the horrifying noise produced as the Tunguska meteorite exploded with the force of 1,000 Hiroshima bombs. The deafening explosion also produced a “great light”, which ties in literally and symbolically with the biblical passages
This is the way the pattern works, and it is consistent throughout history. It is easy to see how God has predicted, influenced, or created history once the patterns are understood. Those searching for the underlying mathematical truth of the universe (“The Theory of Everything”) might do well to consider these simple biblical word, phrase, and number patterns.
- For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old…
- …the heavens and the earth…preserved by the same word…
--II Peter 3:5, 7
The word creates (v. 5) and the word preserves (v. 7)—everything.
- Historic Record for June 30, 1908
A Choice of Catastrophes
- June 30, 1908…in the Russian empire—quite near the exact center of the empire, in fact…a huge explosion at 6:45 am. Every tree knocked down…
- …reindeer wiped out…Fortunately, not a single human hurt.
- …in the midst of an impenetrable Siberian forest.
- …years later…explosion…investigated. No sign of impact…no crater.
- …explosion in the air…less than 10 kilometers (km)or 6 miles above the earth.
- …pure good fortune…no damage to humans…lucky.
- The comet…never reached ground…no crater, no fragments.
- What kept it (comet/asteroid) from happening is merely the vastness of space and comparative smallness of the target (Earth).
--Isaac Asimov, 1979
The Last Great Impact on Earth
- June 30, 1908, a vast fireball raced through the dawn sky over Siberia and exploded with the force of 1,000 Hiroshima bombs.
- The heat incinerated herds of reindeer and charred tens of thousands of evergreens…
- For days, and for thousands of miles around, the sky remained bright with an eerie orange glow…able to read newspapers at night without a lamp.
- …only objective indication of extraordinary event…quiver on seismograph (1,000 miles away) indicating a moderate quake in a remote region called Tunguska.
- Scientists (arrived 19 years later because) the area was so swampy and remote.
- …a stunning vision of utter devastation…scorched trees lying in rows...stretched to the horizon.
- (Scientists) searched for crater…found none…searched for fragments of a meteorite—an asteroid or chunk of one…found none.
- Eyewitnesses told of a fireball streaking through the sky, a horrifying noise, and a blast that knocked people off their feet (though none killed).
- …something unprecedented had occurred at Tunguska.
- Researchers (have since) found embedded in Tunguska trees (though no particles found on ground) tiny particles with an extraterrestrial signature.
- …evidence points to a meteorite, born of an asteroid that fragmented in the atmosphere.
- The radiating (outward) pattern of downed trees can only be the product of shock waves coming from above.
- A fireball streaked through the dawn sky over Tunguska in June 1908. Moments later all hell broke loose (picture caption).
--Discover, September 1996
Avoiding the Threat from Space
- They’re out there, hidden among a maze of stars—killer asteroids.
- Now world’s astronomers…wary eyes to the skies…giant objects on a collision course with Earth.
- Experts say…1,100 comets and asteroids in the inner solar system…(each) at least a half mile across.
- Any one of them…unleash global cataclysm…killing millions…single blinding flash.
- In 1908, one struck remote central Siberia…unleashing as much energy as a 15-megaton nuclear bomb.
- It wiped out 60 million trees but no people.
- Had it hit populated area…loss of life staggering.
--Associated Press, August 18, 2006 Prague, Czech Republic
From the Sky: Tunguska At 100
- At 7:17 a.m. on 30 June 1908, an immense explosion tore through the forest of central Siberia.
- Some 80,000,000 trees flattened over 2,000 square km (800 sq. miles).
- The blast was 1,000 times more powerful than the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Shock waves knocked people to ground 60 km from epicenter.
- Asteroid or comet …detonated 5-10 km (3-6 miles) above ground, 100 years ago today.
- …brilliant fireball resembling a “flying star” plowing across the cloudless June sky.
- ...plume of hot dust trailing the fireball (resembled) “pillar of fire”…quickly replaced by a giant cloud of black smoke rising over the horizon.
- “The sky split in two and fire appeared high and wide over the forest.”
- “…so hot I couldn’t bear it, as if my shirt was on fire.”
- “…then the sky slammed shut”.
- In London ( UK), it was possible to read newspapers…at midnight.
- ...(because) sunlight scattered by dust from fireball’s plume.
- …flattened trees angled away from epicenter…50 km wide zone.
- Trees at epicenter were charred and stripped of their branches and bark, but left standing, which would lead to them being coined “telegraph poles.”
- …the class of object could cause a “nuclear winter”…possibly threatening civilization.
- …no guarantee the next object will explode over the sea or sparsely populated wilderness. This raises the obvious question: How prepared are we for the next one?
--BBC News, 2008/06/30
Biblical Record for June 30, 1908
Only direct quotes are used. The phrases are lifted out of their context. The working of the pattern is not reliant upon the original meaning of the text. However, the patterns do affirm and authenticate the original meaning of the text. The scriptures seem to create reality, and then reality authenticates the scriptures.
Year Patterns in Psalms for June 30, 1908 (Psalm 8, 108, 68)
- Psalm 108
- Awake…! I will awaken the dawn [6:45 am (A 1); 7:17 am (D 1); through dawn sky (B 1)].
- For Your mercy is great above the heaven, and Your truth reaches to the clouds [meteorite came from asteroid belt (B 11); exploded in sky (A 5, B 1, D 6)].
- Be exalted, O God, above the heavens [vastness of space (A 8)] and Your glory above the earth [Not only was no crater found, no chunks were found on the ground. Everything was “above the earth”].
- God has spoken… [horrifying noise (B 8); 1,000 times the size of Hiroshima] I will divide…and measure out. [Hit in exact center of the empire (A 1)—as if divided and measured out].
- Psalm 8
- O Lord, our Lord…set Your glory above the heavens!
- When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers…,which You ordained. [Ordain defined: put in order, arrange, prepare. Example: One asteroid crashes into another and spawns a meteorite that hits in the exact center of the empire on June 30, 1908—according to the biblical pattern].
- What is man that you are mindful of him? [no human loss of life—only animal (A 6, C 6)].
- You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet. [The charred tree and reindeer remains would literally have been under the scientists’ feet, and affirms man’s preeminence in God’s creation].
- All sheep and oxen—even the beasts of the field [reindeer (A 2, B 2)].
- Psalm 68
- Extol Him who rides on the clouds (A 5; B 1,13)
- when You marched through the wilderness (A 1, 3; B 6, 12; C 6).
- the earth shook…Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God (A 5, B 4).
- Our God is the God of salvation and to God the Lord belong escapes from death. [No human deaths (A 2, C 6), affirms the God of salvation].
- To Him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which were of old! [Thousands? Millions? Billions of years?—doesn’t say]. Indeed, He sends out His voice, a mighty voice. [1,000 Hiroshima bombs (B 1, D 3); horrifying noise (B 8); etc.].
- The God of Israel is He who gives strength.
Day Patterns (review of the mechanism)
- Found in:
a) Books of Moses (Genesis—Deuteronomy)
b) Major Prophets (Job, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel)
c) The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)
- These books tend to be repetitive in nature, either within the group as the gospels or within the individual book as Isaiah.
- The day of the month correlates to the chapter of the book with the same number. The pattern continues to the end of the book using a 30-day repeating interval as, generally speaking, months have 30 days. For example, May 4th (any year) would be represented by chapter 4 in each book, chapter 34 in the longer books, and chapter 64 in the longest book (Isaiah).
- There is an overlap with day 1 and day 31 of months having 31 days. For example, May 1 st (any year) would be represented by chapter 1 of each book, chapter 31 in longer books, and chapter 61 of the longest book. May 31 st (any year) would be represented by chapter 31 and 61 (in Isaiah), but not by chapter 1 in any book. There is an overlap, but the pattern holds true.
- For books having fewer than 30 chapters, such as all 4 gospels, the pattern still works, but with a caveat. The 30 th day of the month in the book of Matthew for example, is represented by chapter 2. Matthew has only 28 chapters. Count to the end of the book (chapter 28) and start over at chapter 1. If the book runs out of chapters before the month runs out of days, simply return to the first chapter of the same book and continue counting until the desired day is reached. This should become clear when the gospels are discussed later in this article.
- This is how the patterns work. They are consistent throughout history and throughout the scripture. They reach backward to the foundation of time and forward to the end of time. God is eternal. He operates outside of space and time and so does His word.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
Day Patterns for June 30, 1908
- Isaiah 30
- …fiery flying serpent…[fireball streaking…(B 8)].
- …like a breach ready to fall [the sky split in two (D 8)]…whose breaking comes suddenly in an instant [moments later, all hell broke loose (B 13)].
- He shall break it…like the potter’s vessel, which is broken in pieces; …shall not be found among its fragments a shard to take…[meteorite shattered; no crater, no chunks or fragments (B 7)].
- those who pursue you shall be swift […streaked, raced across the sky].
- (a) One thousand shall flee at the threat of one….[astronomers scan skies for an asteroid or meteor that might strike earth (C 1-7; D 15,16)].
- (b) till you are left as a pole on top of a mountain [trees at epicenter…stripped of branches and bark…coined “telegraph poles” (D 14)] and as a banner on top of a hill. [ Tunguska and other examples provided on this website, as well as countless examples not on this website, serve as a “banner on the hill” testifying of the God of creation].
- & 21. …yet your teachers will not be moved into a corner anymore…saying, “This is the way, walk in it.” [Teachers with an effective banner are not easily moved into the corner. They are able to show the way].
- …the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun as seven days [15-megaton explosion, single blinding flash, glow for days…(B 3; C 4; D 8, 12)].
- …the name of the Lord comes from afar, burning with anger, and His tongue like a devouring fire (A 1; B 1- 3, 6; D 8).
- Isaiah 60 (Isaiah has 66 chapters. Therefore, day 30 is represented by both chapters 60 and 30 in the book of Isaiah).
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord has risen upon you [blinding flash, prophetic Messianic].
- For behold, darkness shall cover the earth and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you [prophetic Messianic].
- And the Gentiles will come to your light [scientists 19 years after the explosion] and the kings to the brightness of your rising [prophetic Messianic].
- Lift up your eyes and see…
- Then you shall see and become radiant…
- …for in My wrath I struck you, but in my favor I have had mercy on you [60 million trees, herds of reindeer, but no humans].
- …and you shall know that I the Lord am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob [prophetic Messianic].
- The sun shall no longer be your light by day [the sky split open], but the Lord will be to you an everlasting light [newspapers at night (B 3), prophetic Messianic].
- …for the Lord will be your everlasting light [prophetic Messianic; Tunguska affirms the Lord as everlasting light of the world].
- Jeremiah 30: 3, 5, 7, 23, 24 (observe for yourself).
- Matthew 2 (28 chapters in Matthew plus 2 equals day 30—June 30, 1908).
- Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem…wise men came from the east [scientists came to Tunguska].
- “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews for we have seen his star [brilliant fireball resembling a “flying star”…(D 6)] in the East and have come to worship Him [see Isaiah 60].
- Then Herod…determined what time the star appeared [June 30, 1908; 6:45 am (A 1); 7:17 am (D 1); Tunguska confirms the one born King and His star].
- They departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them [..a “flying star”…(D 6)].
- When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy [fulfillment of the Messianic prophecies of Isaiah 60 by the birth of Christ and authenticated by the natural (God ordained) event of June 30, 1908].
- Mark 14 (16 chapters in Mark plus 14 equals day 30—June 30, 1908)
- …saying to Him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”
- And Jesus said, “I am. And you shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power [15- megaton nuclear bomb] and coming with the clouds of heaven […“pillar of fire” quickly replaced by a giant cloud of black smoke. (D 7); Tunguska affirms the second coming of Christ].
- John 9 (21 Chapters in John plus 9 equals day 30—June 30, 1908)
- Jesus answered…
- “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world” [Messianic fulfillment of Isaiah 60 and authenticated by Tunguska].
- When He had said these things, He…anointed the eyes of the blind man…
- He went and washed and came back seeing.
- Then the (skeptics) also asked him how he had received his sight.
- Then the (skeptics) said, “This Man (Jesus) is not from God…”
- So they (skeptics) called the man who was blind…
- …“one thing I know; that though I was blind, now I see.”
- Since the world began it has been unheard that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind.
- “If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing.”
- “…are you teaching us?”
- And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may be made blind.”
- Then some of the (skeptics) said to Him, “Are we blind also?”
- Jesus said to them, “If you were blind you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see!’ Therefore, your sin remains.”
Explosions such as Tunguska cause a phenomenon known as flash blindness for those looking directly at the detonation. The duration of the blindness may vary depending upon the intensity of the flash and the degree to which an individual is looking directly at the explosion when it occurs. In the Tunguska event, people would have been staring intently at the meteor as it streaked through the sky, until the instant it blew apart with the force of 1,000 Hiroshima bombs. Flash blindness undoubtedly occurred, whether temporary or permanent.
The Pharisees (skeptics) of Jesus’ day believed they were the ones who could see clearly, as they were unfazed by the “hype” of the Messiah and unmoved by the miraculous works Jesus performed before their very eyes. The skeptics of today are no different. They too believe they are the enlightened ones. Some have even taken to calling themselves “Brights”, presumably in contrast to the “dims” of the less informed masses.
In John 9, the brilliant light of Jesus, the Messiah, was illuminating to some but blinding to others, depending on their willingness to receive. As was true then, those who refuse to see never will, despite the evidence presented before them. Jesus is the Light of the World, the Savior and Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob—and our only hope. It was authenticated by a single blinding flash that occurred on June 30, 1908.
Can you see?
Click here to post comments >