ASIAN TSUNAMI - December 26, 2004
The Science of Earthquakes and Tsunamis
(posted: March 2011)
“Thus the world turned to its old standby: religion.
It ascribed the event’s ultimate cause to God.
It ascribed its proximate cause to some act of man
that made God angry ...” 17 (referencing a 19th century tsunami)
* All scripture references are from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible, unless otherwise noted.
Encoded into the Bible patterns for this event can be found the science of tectonic plates and earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, and mountain ranges that tectonic plates produce. Also encoded into the scripture patterns for the Asian tsunami are the acts of man that precipitated this catastrophic event. Both of these aspects will be discussed.
“The world has 20 or 25 (tectonic) plates moving around very, very slowly on the surface of the earth.” 18 (Simon Winchester)
6. You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters
stood above the mountains.
“Imagine a mountain of water appearing out of nowhere ...” 13
“... never before witnessed ... so much water flowing over a shoreline.” 13
7. At Your rebuke they fled; at the voice of Your
thunder they hastened away.
“(Witnesses) saw the water retreat from shore ... (and) heard this strange thunderous sound. ‘It felt like doomsday.’” 19
“... the most reliable clue is the sudden outrush of water from the shore shortly before a tsunami hits.” 12
“... the horror ... who heard this noise coming ...” 20
8. They went up over the mountains; they went down
into the valleys ...
Valley near the Coast of Sumatra
“The water rose as high as the coconut trees ...” 6
“... high wall of mud, water and debris swept 6 miles inland ...” 6
9. You set a boundary that they might not cross over,
that that they may not return to cover the earth.
The restored Coast of Sumatra post-tsunami
[Asian tsunami authenticates Noah’s flood. Unlike
the flood of Noah, the sea returned to its original
boundary in 2004.]
17. Where the birds make their nests; the stork has her
home in the fir trees.
“I saw a group of banded storks ... fly to a safe area.” 3
18. The high hills are for the wild goats; the cliffs are
for the rock badgers.
“Not a single animal perished ... ran to the mountains ... toward the hills.” 3
25, 26. This great and wide sea in which there are
innumerable teeming things, living things both
small and great. ... There is that Leviathan which
You have made to play there.
“It was a wave - it was a monster. It rose from the deep and swallowed life whole ...” 2
32. He looks on the earth and it trembles; He touches
the hills and they smoke.
“Three minutes that shook the world.” 4
[The earth trembled generating the massive Asian Tsunami of 2004 (Psalm 104).]
35. May sinners be consumed from the face of the
earth, and the wicked be no more ...
The lone mosque left standing in a decimated coastle village near Aceh identifies the sinners (v. 35) relative to December 26, 2004.
“For years, Laskar Jihad, one of several terror groups active in Indonesia, has been running a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the native Christian population - burning villages, bombing churches, slaughtering thousands ...” 5
[The relentless persecution of Christians does indeed make God angry.]
[The movement of tectonic plates (ends of the earth) cause sudden
slippage along fault lines producing earthquakes which generate
tsunamis in the 'far-off seas.']
6. Who established the mountains by his strength, being clothed
“The theory of tectonic plates ... . If two continental plates collide, they ... produce mountain ranges. ” 18 (Simon Winchester)
7. You who still the noise of the seas, the noise of their
waves, the tumult of the peoples
2004 Asian Tsunami hitting Thailand.
“It was so calm and so still ... like a sheet of glass” 10
“The sea is coming! Come! Come! Look at the sea!” 10
“It was a thunderous roar ...” 10
8a. They who dwell in the farthest parts are afraid of Your signs ...
[Twelve countries (the farthest parts) were impacted by
b. ... You make the outgoings of the morning and evening rejoice.
[The outgoing of the ocean is often the first sign of a tsunami.]
9, 10. You visit the earth and water it ... for so You have prepared it.
You water its ridges abundantly ...
[The coastlands were overwhelmed with abundant water when
God visited the earth on December 26, 2004 (Hebrew
“... so much water flowing over a shoreline. ... tsunami was more like a plateau of water ... extending 4 to 5 km from front to back.” 13
"It was a thunderous roar ..." 10
“Banda Aceh: A city of debris and corpses” 6
“In Banda Aceh, death is inescapable ...” 6
“But deep beneath the sea, a terrible wave has been born.” 4
4. “And they shall destroy the walls ... break down her towers; I
will also scrape her ... and make her like the top of a rock.”
“The surge of water rushed into the streets wrecking everything ...”
“It was also the great rhythmical sucking of the water back off the land...” 6
12. “... they will break down your walls ... lay your stones, your
timber, and your soil in the midst of the water.”
Banda Aceh 3 weeks after December 26th tsunami.
“Every street ... within reach of the ocean is lined with smashed and bent timber, concrete, and brick shards.” 6
“The waves looked empty but they were carrying everything from cars to the roofs of houses.” 6
14. “I will make you like the top of a rock; you shall be a place for
spreading of nets ...”says the Lord God.”
“As far as the eye can see, only a few solitary buildings still stand (in Banda Aceh).” 6
“Along with the shattered buildings and the staggering death toll, the waves damaged the psyches of fishermen who now stand grounded next to their battered boats.” 11
“Countless boats line the shore, awaiting repairs ... others lie in pieces ...” 4
15. “Thus says the Lord God: ‘will the coastlands not shake at the
sound of your fall ...?’“
“A powerful earthquake (2 months later) rocked ... eastern Indonesia ... causing panic ...” 15
“Panic when the Earth Moves” 16
16. “Then all the princes of the sea ...; they will clothe themselves
with trembling; they will ... tremble every moment and be
astonished at you.”
“I cannot begin to imagine the horror (of the) people who heard this noise coming and had their lives snuffed out by this wave.” 22 (Secretary of State Colin Powell)
“Asked about Powell’s reaction to the carnage, his helicopter pilot had just one word: ‘Shock.’” 22
17a. “... How you have perished, O one inhabited by seafaring
men ...” [see discussion verse 14]
Fishing boats that survived the tsunami.
b. “... O renowned city, who was strong at sea ... who caused
their terror to be on all their inhabitants!”
“Taliban style religious police now patrol Aceh, violently enforcing sharia.” 5
“... Indonesia on a ‘watch list’ because of the increase in religious violence targeting Christians and other minorities, as well as moderate Muslims ...” 5
[No group immune to Islamic terrorists]
18. “Now the coastlands tremble ...; Yes the coastlands by the sea
are troubled at your departure.”
“Whole fishing villages in Aceh have probably been wiped out, with no one left ...” 6
19. “... says the Lord God: ‘When I make you a desolate city ... when
I bring the deep upon you and great waters cover you.” [Wow]
“It rose from the deep and swallowed life whole ...” 2
“... in this wasteland that used to be (Banda Aceh).” 14
“... send powerful walls of water roaring ... crashing into coastal cities ...” 14
20. “Then I will bring you down with these who descend into the
Pit ... and I will make you dwell in the lowest parts of the
earth ... with these who go down to the Pit ...”
[Fate of terrorists]
“An Islamic militant group (Laskar Jihad) that has slaughtered thousands of Christians in Indonesia ...” 21
21. “Then I will make you a terror and you shall be no more;
though you are sought for, you will never be found again.”
says the Lord God.
[The God of the Bible says that those who commit terror (V. 17)
will themselves be terrorized in the Pit forever.]
“The Islamization of Indonesia is eroding ... religious freedom. The Islamists stated aim is to completely eliminate Christianity from their country.” 20
“(Islamists) have orchestrated jihad against Christians ... with over 600 churches destroyed, and repeated attacks and killings of Christians.” 20
“The march of Jihad continues apace in Indonesia ... (with) a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the native Christian
Your eternal destiny may be different than you imagine.
- Religions are different but devastated regions grief same; DMN January 5, 2005
- Tsunami; US News and World Report; January 10, 2005
- Can Animals Predict Disaster?; Nature: PBS; November, 2005
- Three Minutes that Shook the World; DMN; January 2, 2005
- March of Jihad; DMN; September 22, 2006
- Banda Aceh: A City of Debris and Corpses; Time; January 10, 2005
- Banda Aceh, Indonesia; Associated Press; January, 2005
- Hundreds Killed in Indonesia Quake; Tsunami fears; Associated Press; March 2005
- Finding God in Tragedy; US News and World Report; January 24, 2005
- Man saves orphanage members from disaster; Washington Post; December, 2004
- Fishermen see tsunami as a betrayal of the sea; Los Angeles Times; January, 2005
- A Deadly Wave; Discover; January 1999
- Waves of Death; Science News, Volume 154; October 3, 1998
- The Fight for Life; US News and World Report; January 17, 2005
- Quake creates panic in Indonesia; Associated press; February, 2005
- Panic When the Earth Moves; US News and World Report; April 11, 2005
- Krakatoa; post-script, Simon Winchester, January 5, 2005
- Tsunami: An interview with Simon Winchester; The Paula Gordon Show; April 21, 2003
- How the Deadly Waves Spread; Time; January 10, 2005
- Indonesia; www.persecution.org
- Jihad warriors back in business; www.wnd.com
- (Tsunami), USA Today; February 6, 2005