H I S T O R Y P R O V E S G O D
“THE GREAT BIRD MYSTERY OF 2011” - December 2010 / January 2011 (posted: February 2011)
* All scripture references are from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible, unless otherwise noted.
As the clock struck midnight, signaling the arrival of 2011, thousands of red-winged blackbirds were falling to the earth dead in Beebe, Arkansas. A day or two later, 450 blackbirds met a similar fate in neighboring Louisiana. During the same time frame, 100,000 drum fish suddenly floated to the surface dead on a 17 mile stretch of the Arkansas River, only 125 miles from Beebe.
So what killed them - loud noises, fireworks, lightening strikes, government conspiracies, the apocalypse? 4 These theories and more have been suggested, with some being taken more seriously than others. Scientists believe the New Years animal die-offs were unrelated - linked only by coincidence. Proves God shows how these mysterious events are related - linked by the biblical patterns - giving further evidence that the worlds were, and continue to be, framed by the word of God (Hebrews 11:3). The years will continue to unfold according to the patterns found in the Bible - the only Book of the only God.
For every house is built by someone, but
He who built all things is God.
- Biblical Year Pattern for December 31. 2010 (Psalms 10, 110, 71)
Note: The 911 operators began receiving phone calls at 11:00 PM, New Year’s Eve; something strange was happening in the skies above Beebe, Arkansas. 1
- Psalm 10:6a, 11b, 12, 15 - Blackbirds don’t fly at night due to poor night vision 2; they arose and hit something; trauma; broken wings
12. Arise, O Lord! O God, lift up your hand! ...
[The birds hit something very hard in the air. Officials assumed
it must have been buildings, cars, etc, though this was not
actually witnessed. 3]
15. Break the arm of the wicked ...
[A number of surviving birds had broken wings. 3]
- Psalms 110:6, 7 dead bodies; floating fish
6a. ... He shall fill the places with dead bodies ...
[5,000 blackbirds in 1 square mile of Arkansas, 500
blackbirds mostly along 1 road in Louisiana, 100,000 drum
fish along a short stretch of the Arkansas River - all events seen
as unrelated by officials. 1, 2, 4]
6b, 7. He shall execute the heads ... He shall drink of the brook by
the wayside; therefore he shall lift up the head.
[The drum fish (sheepshead 5) had the appearance of being
executed, as they were rather suddenly lifted to the surface
of the brook (Arkansas River). 2, 4]
- Biblical Year Pattern for January 1, 2011 (Psalms 11, 111, 71)
Note: The principle day of record for the “Great Bird Mystery of 2011”, as it was labeled by CNN News, was January 1, 2011.
- Psalm 11:1, 2 Frightened birds fly into something as solid as the face of a mountain, and die of trauma.
1. ... “flee as a bird to your mountain.”
2. ... they make ready their arrow on the string, that they may
shoot secretly at the upright in heart.
[As an arrow to the heart would cause severe trauma to the chest
cavity, so the birds died with severely traumatized breast tissue
and internal hemorrhages. 6 The were frightened by loud
noises and flew into something very hard. 1, 2]
- Psalm 111:2, 4-6, 10
[Psalm 111 says that the works of the Lord are to be remembered. The works the Bible often speaks of are the judgements God levies on those who transgress. While the birds and the fish did not transgress, they serve as an example of what happens to those who do (see discussion on Isaiah 1 & 31). A slow news period allowed this particular work of the Lord to be marveled at around the world.]
“The incidents - coming during a traditionally slow news
period - made for a wild weekend for state Fame and Fish
staffers. ‘It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen ... . ... I’ve had
100 calls today; I’ve done 25 interviews. I did Al-Jazeera
live last night.' " 1
- Biblical Day Patterns for December 31, 2010 and January 1, 2011
(chapters representing days 1 and 31 of appropriate books)
Note: The first day of the month is represented by chapters 1, 31 and 61 of appropriate books. The thirty-first day of the month is represented by chapters 31 and 61, but not chapter 1.
- Genesis 1:1, 20, 21, 22, 28 - God created all things; birds were flying across the sky; only birds of a kind (redwings 1, 2) and fish of a kind (drum fish 2) were affected; both the birds and fish were subdued. 12
[The redwing and drum fish mysteries serve to authenticate that God created the heavens and the
earth. See Exodus 31:17 and John 1:1-3 for similar authentication.]
- Exodus 1:7, 12, 14, 20, 22 - Birds were fruitful and multiplied; they were afflicted and presumed to have flown into buildings of brick and mortar; fish also multiplied and were afflicted, and suddenly floated dead to the surface of the river.
- Exodus 31:17 - A sign confirming God created the heavens and earth.
- Job 1:13, 15, 16, 19, 21 - Speaks to the possible causes of the bird mystery.
13. Now there was a day when (Job’s) sons and daughters were
eating and drinking wine ...
[The bird mystery occurred during the celebration of
New Year’s Eve. 1, 2]
15. “... killed the servants with the edge of the sword ...”
[Chest trauma cited as actual cause of death. 2, 6]
16. ... “the fire of God fell from heaven ... and consumed them ...”
[Some scientists believed the birds were killed by lightening
strike. 1, 2, 12]
19. “and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness
and struck the far corners of the house ... and they are dead.”
[Another explanation, posited by Dr. Michio Kaku, was that an
atmospheric disturbance or microburst slammed the birds
into houses, walls, etc. 7 A microburst is a “very localized
column of sinking air causing damaging ... straight line winds.” 8]
21. “... The Lord gives and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the
name of the Lord.”
[The only thing known for sure is that the actual cause of death
was trauma. The source of the trauma remains a
mystery. 1, 2, 4, 7, 12]
- Isaiah 1:5, 6, 18, 28 - Trauma; why redwings?; destroyed together
5, 6. [The birds had broken backs, wings, damaged breast tissue
and, internal hemorrhages. 2, 3, 11]
18. ... “though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as
snow, thought they are red like crimson ...”
[God used the scarlet or red patches on the wings of the
blackbirds to teach a biblical truth.
Our lives are stained with the crimson and scarlet of sin.]
28. The destruction of transgressors and sinner will be together,
and those who forsake the Lord shall be consumed.
[Transgressors will be destroyed en masse as were the
5,000 redwings in Beebe, Arkansas. 7]
- Isaiah 31:4, 5a - Noise; birds fly about; God defends Jerusalem
[Neighbors heard 5-12 loud noises sounding like cannon fire shortly before birds began falling from sky. 1 This also coincided with the firework celebration at midnight. 1, 6 God also seems to use this event to affirm His defense of Jerusalem.]
- Ezekiel 31:5, 6, 13, 14 - Redwing habitat.
5. ... and it’s branches became long because of the abundance of water.
6. And the birds of the heavens made their nests in it’s boughs ...
13. “On it’s ruin will remain all the birds ...”
14. “So that the trees by the waters may never again ...”
[The phrases lifted out of context perfectly describe redwing
habitat. Redwings roost in huge numbers in the winter time.
They prefer to nest and forage along brushy creeks and
marshes. 9, 10]
- Matthew 3:16, 17 - Spirit of God in the form of a bird descends to earth; Bird mystery of 2011 authenticates Jesus as the Son of God.
Note: Chapter 3 represents day 31 in Matthew as Matthew has only 28 chapters.
16, 17. ... He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and
alighting upon Him. ... “This is My beloved Son in whom
I am well pleased.”
[This is the first of three times that God uses red-winged
blackbirds, along with the dove in the scripture, to
authenticate Jesus as the Son of God.]
- Mark 1:10, 11 - see Matthew 3:16, 17 and John 1:32, 34
10, 11. ... the heavens parting and the Spirit of God descending
upon Him like a dove. ... “You are My beloved Son in whom
I am well pleased.”
[This is the second time God uses red-winged blackbirds,
along with the dove in the scripture, to authenticate
Jesus as the Spirit of God.]
- John 1:1-3, 14, 29, 32, 34 - Creation; spiritual becomes physical; crimson stains removed; Spirit of God as bird; authenticates Son
1-3. [These verses regarding creation are authenticated by the
bird mystery (v. 32 & 34). See also Genesis 1:1, 20-22, 28
and Exodus 31:17 for two other examples of creation being
authenticated by the bird mystery.]
14. [The word becomes physical reality - the foundational
principle of Proves God.]
29. ... “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of
[See discussion Isaiah 1:18. The blood of the Lamb cleanses
us from the scarlet and crimson stain of sin. The red-winged
blackbirds serve as a physical representation of that sin.]
32, 34. ... “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and
He remained upon Him.
... And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”
[This is the 3rd time God uses red-winged blackbirds, along
with the dove in the scripture, to authenticate Jesus as
the Son of God.]
Some of the biblical themes authenticated by “the great bird mystery of 2011” are as follows:
- God created the heavens and the earth.
(Genesis 1:1-31; Exodus 31:17; John 1:1-3)
- God created His works to be remembered. (Psalm 111:2, 4-6)
- God is the ultimate authority behind both natural and man-made events. (Job 1:13, 15, 16, 19, 21)
- Mankind is blemished with the crimson and scarlet stain of sin. (Isaiah 1:18)
- Those stained with sin will all be destroyed together. (Isaiah 1:28)
- God identified His Son. (Matthew 3:16, 17; Mark 1:10, 11; John 1:32, 34)
- God’s Son cleanses the stain of sin from our lives (John 1:29)
- The spiritual word becomes physical realty. (John 1;14)
“The Lord gives and the Lord takes away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.”
- Trauma cited in mass bird kill; USA Today; January 4, 2011
- What’s Killing Arkansas’ Fish and Birds?; www.abcnews.go.com; January 3, 2011
- Bird deaths probed; USA Today; January 5, 2011
- Mass deaths spark apocalypse theories; www.news.com.au; January 6, 2011
- Freshwater Drum (sheepshead); www.dnr.state.mn.us
- Blunt Force Trauma, not Disease nor Poison, killed Arkansas’ Birds; www.npr.org; January 3, 2011
- Good Morning America; ABC News; January 5, 2011
- Microburst; www.wikipedia.org
- Birds of N. America; National Geographic Society; 1987
- Eastern Birds; Peterson Field Guides; 1980
- It Gets Weirder Hundreds of Dead Birds Line Louisiana Highway; www.npr.org; January 4, 2011
- Arkansas Mysteries: Why did Thousands of Fish, Birds Die?; www.npr.org; January 3, 2011
Click here to post comments >