H I S T O R Y P R O V E S G O D
REBIRTH OF ISRAEL - May 14, 1948
(posted: March 2011)
* All scripture references are from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible, unless otherwise noted.
- For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of the countries, and bring you into you own land.
- I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit within you; I will take the
heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
- Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave your fathers; you shall be My
people and I will be your God.
Ezekiel 36:24, 26, 28
- Did God ordain that the Jewish people would one day return to the land that He had promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? The prophecy of Ezekiel 36 was fulfilled on May 14, 1948 when David Ben-Gurion declared the state of Israel at 4:00 PM on Friday afternoon, just before the start of the Jewish Sabbath. 1 The plain text of the Bible predicted thousands of years ago that Israel would be reborn as a nation. The Bible patterns confirm this prophecy, both by day and year.
- Biblical Year Pattern for May 14, 1948/Hebrew Year 5708 (Psalms 48, 148, 8, 108)
- Psalm 48:1-4, 5-7, 8, 9-14 - Mount Zion in the city of the great King; kings of the earth marvel; Israel immediately attacked by six Arab nations 1; Mount Zion recovered; spread the word.
1. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our
God, in His holy mountain.
2. ... in Zion ... the city of the great King.
4, 5. ... the kings assembled ... they marveled ...
“Within hours, Israel was surrounded by the hostile armies of
all the members of the Arab league except Yemen.” 1
6. Fear took hold of them there, and pain, as of a woman in
“Iran, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia
joined forces to crush the new nation at its birth on
May 15, 1948.” 1
8. ... in the city of our God, God will establish it forever ...
[God has established Jerusalem, “the city of the great King”.]
11. Let Mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad ...
[Back in the land after nearly 2,000 years of exile.]
12. Walk about Zion ... count her towers ...
13. ... that you may tell it to the generation following.
14. For this is God, our God forever and ever.
- Psalm 148:1-13, 14 - Praising God who created all things; Israel reborn, His people exalted
1-13. [All creation fulfills God’s word, including the land of Israel.]
14. And He has exalted the horn of His people, the praise of all His
saints - of the children of Israel, a people near to Him.
Praise the Lord!
[May 14, 1948]
- Psalm 8:1, 2, 3-9 - A new country is born; the avenger is silenced; God created all things.
2. Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have
ordained strength, because of
Your enemies, that You may silence the enemy and the avenger.
[God ordained that the infant nation of Israel would defeat
the combined avenging Arab enemies.]
3-9. [God created all things. Note similarity to Psalm 148:1-13. God,
the creator, testifies of Himself through the rebirth of Israel.]
- Psalm 108:1-6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13 - The God of heaven and earth; Israel measured out; its borders established; Through God’s help, Israel overcame the enemy.
7, 8. God has spoken in His holiness; “... I will divide Shechem
and measure out the Valley of Succoth. Gilead is Mine;
Manesseh is Mine; Ephraim is the helmet for My head.”
[God spoke Israel into existence in 1948. He also determined
9. “Moab is My wash pot; Over Edom I will cast My shoe;
over Philistia I will triumph.”
[The God of Israel throws His shoe at the combined Arab
armies - a people who understand the significance of
12, 13. Give us help from trouble, for the help of man is useless.
Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who will tread
down our enemies (v. 9).
- Biblical Day Pattern for May 14, 1948 (Chapters representing day 14 of appropriate books.)
Note: History and the day patterns give preference to May 14 over May 15 as Israel’s Independence Day.The Declaration of Independence was read aloud to the Jewish people in a live radio broadcast on May 14, but Israel officially became independent at the stroke of midnight on May 15. 1
- Exodus 14:24, 30, 31 - God saves Israel out of Egypt’s hands
- Numbers 14:7, 8, 24 - Israel’s inheritance - the promised land - a land flowing with milk and honey
- Deuteronomy 14:2, 23a - God chose Israel - its land and people
- Job 14:7-9 - The dead tree stump returns to life.
- Isaiah 14:1-3, 24-27, 32 - Jews return to the land; God Himself breaks the yoke of Israel’s oppressors; the Lord has founded Zion
- Isaiah 44:1-5, 6-8, 21-23, 26, 28 - God has chosen Israel - its people, its location, and its name; All three persons of the one God are identified (vv. 3, 6); God testifies of Himself through Israel’s rebirth; Jerusalem shall be built and inhabited; the temple foundation laid.
- Jeremiah 14:20, 21 - Though Israel sinned against God, He has not broken His covenant with the people.
- Jeremiah 44:21-28 - God has punished Israel for its sin, but in His mercy has spared a remnant.
- Ezekiel 14:7-23 - As in Jeremiah 14, God has laid out His case against ancient Israel, but He has spared a remnant. God affirms that His actions were justified (v. 23).
- Luke 14:13, 21, 28, 31 - The new nation of Israel - a haven for the down trodden. Jewish people paid a very high price for the land of Israel. Israel immediately invaded by a much larger army.
13. ... invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, and the blind
21. ... bring in here the poor, and the maimed, and the lame and the blind
“When Israel declared its statehood in 1948, programs broke
out across the entire Arab/Muslim world. Thousands died in this
violence. Their homes and businesses were destroyed, their
women violated ... They had to leave everything behind. Most of
those who were able to escape found their way to the just created
state of Israel ... Over 850,000 Jews were driven from Arab
countries, most of them in 1948, at the birth of Israel.” 2
- John 14:1-3, 6-23, 26, 29 - God prepared a place for Israel on May 14, 1948; the nature of three persons in the one God (ref. Isaiah 44:3, 6); the only path to the Father is through the Son; remember what the Bible has foretold since ancient times; the Lord God of all has told us in advance so we might believe.
- God has prepared a special place for the Jewish people. He promised the land to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. These descendants now occupy the land of Israel, ordained to them by the Lord God of all creation. It is their birth right, their inheritance, unique in all of history, and established by God Himself.
This same God is unveiling His face today to the Jewish people and indeed to the entire world. As Israel has risen from the dead, so has the Son of God risen from the dead, and one day, so will we. Yeshua, the Son, came to this earth to set the captives free, so that upon our death we might rise to eternal life and enter the promised land.
- “When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies‘ lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations,
- then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer.
- And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel, says the Lord God.”
- Jerusalem Besieged: From Ancient Canaan to Modern Israel; Eric H. Cline; 2004
- The Forgotten Refugees; FLAME (Facts and Logic About the Middle East); Gerardo Joffe, President
Click here to post comments >
Roe Vs. Wade